This is an open source community effort to develop low-cost aerial photography platforms for a range of conditions. All open hardware and software efforts are welcome here!
Join in by:
- Reading about goals and asking great questions
- Trying (and critiquing) our community-made how-to guides
- Posting your own how-to guides and mods
- Building on others’ work; hack and remix the kits to refine and expand them
- Submit your improvements for inclusion in an upcoming starter kit release or add-on
- Serving on a Research Review Group for a 3 month period
Activities should include a materials list, costs and a step-by-step guide to construction with photos. Learn what makes a good activity here.
Public Lab’s Kits initiative offers starter kits for kite and balloon photography. The point of the kits is to provide a shared reference design for building experimental setups onto. You can also use our guides as a resource for building or purchasing materials of your own.