Comments

Comment Last activity Moderation
" Hello again @warren, @liz, @roberts_ecofarm, @read_holman (and everyone else!), I've started working on the design of the dashboard. This is by n..." | Read more » 28 days ago
"Liz, it's great to know that you (or I guess your Mom) were well coiffed in the 80s, although I regret that you did not include photographic eviden..." | Read more » 28 days ago
" Thanks Stray'. Actually, the 0.06 A for the wine was at 5 cm path. Divide by 5 to get 1 cm path for comparison. If yeast/fermentation was cont..." | Read more » 28 days ago
" Fantastic! " | Read more » 28 days ago
" Dear Chris, as a child of the eighties myself, i can corroborate that the effects of Aquanet hairspray on respiration are quite significant. Were ..." | Read more » 28 days ago
" Awesome!!! " | Read more » 28 days ago
"Will be posting a separate note giving summary of each new layer added :smiley: ! " | Read more » 28 days ago
" solaria, great work, much kudos deserved. A rigorous experiment. Like david_uwi, I wondered at why sucrose is absorbing visible light (VL) at all..." | Read more » 28 days ago
" There are lots of interesting things you can do, but you will need come collection surface. Would like to know the kinds of plants and their growi..." | Read more » 29 days ago
" Well, the sucrose absorbance is very low, but it's not zero. See Sucrose Absorbance. Since the data is 'clean' and the calculations match expec..." | Read more » 29 days ago
" Problem I have is that sucrose solution looks colorless so does not absorb visible light. I feel that the changes in absorbance that you are seein..." | Read more » 29 days ago
" I've never seen FTIR used for mercury detrmination. Usually, that is a variation of AA. The instrument set up you show is for transmission. Pro..." | Read more » 30 days ago
" I like the idea. But why are you selecting ftir? " | Read more » 30 days ago
" Yes, ion exchange is a good idea. Usually, it's cation exchange, anion exchange, and actived charcoal, followed by the particle filter. A conduc..." | Read more » 30 days ago
"Here’s my try at this experiment. Basically, Yes, you can detect added sugar in wine, but it’s a very small change, and requires an accurate basel..." | Read more » 30 days ago
"@Ag8n Thanks for the suggestion to use nanofiltration! I think the main impurities are the electrolytes (e.g. K+ and Na+ ions) that are added into ..." | Read more » 30 days ago
" Hi @FineArtLight , there are some prior conversation on the old Googlegroup that have not yet been moved here on the website. Try this link: https..." | Read more » 30 days ago
" Hi @birdlink, let us know some additional information. Just noticed that your post title mentions dew collection systems, and to my limited knowle..." | Read more » 30 days ago
" Hi gimmefive, nice to read your post about Guangzhou, although there is quite a lot of sun there, so your post reads like disinformation. The mode..." | Read more » 30 days ago
" Thanks Liz " | Read more » 30 days ago
" Welcome Chris! I'll copy in @shantler and @rockets of the KnowFlow team " | Read more » 30 days ago
" HI! It's wonderful to read of your expedition company. I wish you the best of luck. Sorry that advertising is against our posting guidelines. If y..." | Read more » 30 days ago
" This is a wonderfully readable account of how to do this! Thank you so much for writing this up. " | Read more » 30 days ago
" One item tried in industry was to take good quality water and run them through filters small enough to stop microbes ( the last I heard, about 0.2..." | Read more » 30 days ago
" @Gaurav " | Read more » about 1 month ago
"Can you explain more? This has been coming up a good bit lately! " | Read more » about 1 month ago
" Thank you, I think I need to connect the scientists in the organizing group to this thread for more context. " | Read more » about 1 month ago
"@Gaurav " | Read more » about 1 month ago