NY-NJ 2012 meeting
This meeting occurred on Feb 28, 2012 Notes here: http://goo.gl/tL0Ka
Review status of 2011 Projects
- travels: Eymund at PICNIC, affiliated chapters
2012 Scheduled projects
- Equipment check-out: Williamsburg and LES
Ongoing at Gowanus Canal:
- process fall images, try species ID - Gena, John, Liz
- GLAM printing and gallery exhibits for Four Seasons of GLAM 2011: Central Booking Nov2012, others? - Liz, Hans, Eymund
- GLAM aerial mapping in vis + infrared, continued? - Eymund, Hans, John, Leif, Liz
- GO SCUM thermal fishing bob - Eymund, Leif, Jeff
- Overall water quality toolkit, pending EPA grant - Liz
- Jen Hudon, Manpriya, Liz, Oscar
March 6 & 8 Nitin Swahney's Parsons civic media workshop class, and they are also interested in coming out to a field event.
- Liz, Eymund, Leif, Oscar.
March 24 -- iLAND symposium aerial mapping workshop in village $100 honorarium
- Eymund, Shannon, Oscar, (Jen)
March 23-25 Water Hackathon, hosted at Parsons, with Ushahidi, Pachube
- Leif, Liz, Ed Borden, Heather Leson, Joe Saavedra
April 20-22 EcoHackNYCII, hosted at Parsons, with Vizzuality, UNEP, etc, for hardware, software, and visualization. Feature project: air column monitoring on balloon tethers.
- Liz, Lee, Lela, Leif, +++
- East Harlem Tutorial Program - Thermal imaging on facades / busting delinquent landlords
- Sara, Jeni Wightman?
- Structure from Motion - Bronx River hyper3d before and after leaf out
- Whitney, Gena,
- 596acres.org - aerial mapping vacant lots to be transformed
- Paula, Eric
- figment http://newyork.figmentproject.org/ March 31 deadline
- Newtown Creek -- what was that particulate matter?
- Rutgers campus. geomancer prof.
- iLAB residency Jess Lailye Liz
Media events upcoming
- Economist - aerial mapping
- Time - aerial mapping
- New Scientist - thermal fishing bob