Between June and August 2017, we will be collecting data on three stormwater sites around New Orleans. More information a can be found on the [project here.](https://publiclab.org/notes/stevie/02-01-2017/stormwater-workshop-series-in-new-orleans)
This wiki is where all the resources we need for monitoring are kept, and where we'll be hosting the data.
## Resources for collecting field data
### Before heading out:
- Review the post on how to collect [rain data from the rain gauge here](https://publiclab.org/notes/stevie/06-08-2017/measuring-water-in-a-cocorahs-rain-gauge).
### Going out in the field:
Your field work will take about 45 minutes. You will start at the Earth Lab site, visit the Spain/Rampart site and finish at the Villere street site.
**Take with you:**
- A writing utensil
- 16 Batteries (in case you need to change out both cameras)
- A Field Data Collection Sheet
<a href="https://publiclab.org/system/images/photos/000/020/752/original/StormwaterSiteSurveyForm_%281%29.pdf"><i class="fa fa-file"></i> StormwaterSiteSurveyForm_-1-.pdf</a>
- Your smartphone with the ISeeChange app uploaded
- A small container for rain water
- The plopper
- A gauge board
** Every wednesday bring replacement SD cards for the trail cameras
### Returning from the field
When you get in from the field, you will need to enter your data from the field, get some supporting data from weather underground and return your monitoring materials.
1) The last information you need on your data sheet will come from Weather Underground. Follow these steps to retrieve the rain data:[Weather Underground data gathering info sheet](https://publiclab.org/notes/stevie/06-09-2017/gathering-rain-data-from-weather-underground)
2) Post the data from your field data [sheet here.](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdD1nHjc8rwNNTUKriTU2pGKtHaz2I9cLZy4SmVBeyDoR6jog/viewform?usp=sf_link)
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdD1nHjc8rwNNTUKriTU2pGKtHaz2I9cLZy4SmVBeyDoR6jog/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>
3) **Each Wednesday you will also need to upload the photos from the trail cameras to the internet. Follow the steps on the Trail Camera Photo Upload Sheet:
<a href="https://publiclab.org/system/images/photos/000/020/751/original/PhotoUploadSheet.pdf"><i class="fa fa-file"></i> PhotoUploadSheet.pdf</a>
**Update:** You can now upload directly to the shared folder without logging in under a new account -- any Google/Gmail account will work:
1. Upload the photos from Villere site onto your computer in one folder, and the photos from the Earth Lab in a different folder.
2. Click the folder "stormwater photos"
3. Click the Villere folder and select the date range from the past week.
4. Copy the photos from the Villere folder on your home computer into this folder.
5. Once those are uploaded go back to the stormwater folder.
6. Click the Earth Lab folder and select the date range from the past week.
7. Copy the photos from the Earth Lab folder on your home computer into this folder.
8. Once you're finished, pull up the SD card on your computer and erase the photos off of it so it is blank again.
4) Return your monitoring materials
###Field Data Sheet Info
- **EarthLab** https://www.iseechange.org/observations?tags=earthlab
- **Rampart** https://www.iseechange.org/observations?tags=rampart
- **Villere** https://www.iseechange.org/observations?tags=villere
- Posts from Green Team: https://www.iseechange.org/u/594156f666df88d630f5c8c3