Related to various efforts to use smaller kites and balloons to do aerial mapping with lighter cameras, the Mobius Action Cam that many Public Labbers use is great, at ~$70 and ~40 grams, but I'm starting to see GoPro look-alikes show up on Amazon for even less, and with waterproof enclosures and sometimes even Wifi connectivity. I collected a few here, but have folks tried any of these, or have other suggestions for cheap, <100 gram cameras to fly on balloons and kites?
Some I've found include:
- $60, 61g, 2M,5M,8M,12M,16M - https://www.amazon.com/Campark-Waterproof-Wide-Angle-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B01MXXP4EC/
- $53, 1200x1800, 60g - https://www.amazon.com/GBB-Waterproof-Camcorder-Detection-Rechargeable/dp/B01G6GWSJW/ + waterproof case
- $50 12MP, not sure weight - AKASO - https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-Waterproof-Camcorder-Rechargeable-Mounting/dp/B06XHNQ44X/
- $150, 8MP, 72g, GOPro Session - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C80O0ZU/
- Via @bronwen, a bunch here, too: https://beebom.com/gopro-alternatives-2016/
Any help appreciated!