What I want to do or know
I'm exploring if timelapse cameras can be used to monitor for pollution runoff into a stream.
- Has anyone used this method before?
- Are there any cameras that would be better than others for this?
- What is the best way to set up a camera for this?
- How far away should the camera be from the waterway?
- Does it need to have a particular angle? Is it better in the sun or shaded?
Here is a link to some background I've seen for this And another case where a timelapse camera was used in [monitoring a mining site] (https://publiclab.org/notes/bkleist/08-30-2016/silica-frac-sand-research)
I'm not sure how often photos would need to be taken or how to set this up, but I'm interested in the series something like this could produce in terms of capturing visual changes in streams (pollution, or water depth).