What I want to do
Retrofit an air plant I had cultivated as an office plant into a bio bubbler, as shown at the Barnraising 2015. This was done with an 100 gallon air pump, mostly with supplies that came with the air pump, plus a rubber band. Stopper is optional. Here's my amazon list made from the air quality wiki
My attempt and results
The office plant was a previously clipped Air Plant in a bottle filled with tap water and some remnant soil from the mother plant.I may or may not have added rooting hormone into the water in the months previous when I made the clipping.
The clippings of air plant generally grow very long roots when you transplant them into tap water. the plants don't seem to need a lot of soil, especially if you keep them out of the harshest sun.
Here's the video of a bubbler I made from the air testing kit parts and [devil's ivy] (Epipremnum)(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epipremnum_aureum). It's associated microbes are formaldehyde and benzene eaters, but the plant also likes aquarium living.
I think I made it pretty happy by just routing the tube into its water. I secured the tube with a rubber band and a stopper at the end for weight. As usual with rubber bands, results were quick but it took a bit of finagling to get hte tubing to stay in one place. This was only a preliminary 'playing around with the pump' thing. The plant was already established in the bottle in my office.
The plant lived in the jar before this (I had helped by adding rooting hormone). The Plant looks very happy after this. My office mate enjoyed the white noise of the bubbling.