UNICEF Rio Proposal
UNICEF is proposing a large youth environmental risk mapping project... for the 2012 Rio+20 Earth Summit. 12 month, 125 participant, and though we proposed balloon mapping with our existing local contacts, Joe seems to be proposing a GPS cellphone based approach. We can make additional suggestions of using rectified paper mapping, but this seems unresolved and we need to find out the following:
- what our involvement is overall- in the proposal it seems there are multiple groups?
- what the timeline is
- what areas we will be working in (5 different neighborhoods/sites?)
- what our involvement pre and post project is expected to be
- ages of the youth we are working with
- It sounds like there are a couple simultaneous mapping projects- are we proposed to do both or working with another org?
- Who are the local partners
- We have GM community members in Brazil and would like to get them involved in the short or long term- what long-term role could UNICEF see them having?
- What are the long-term goals of the project? What are the outcomes for the youth involved?
- Rio+20 - do we then have involvement in this?
- details of contracting if we aren't a 501c3?
- meeting with Joe Agoada about our potential role in this project