An organization page for RISD-led grassroots detection of H2S research.
Framing the problem
Let’s try this for Hydrogen Sulfide
- where is the issue located? how can we get there and with whom do we collaborate?
- what is the information that’s missing? How will it change the situation?
- what are they key parameters:
- what intensities & exposure times are harmful to humans or the environment?
- where can it be detected?
- how long does it take?
- how fast does it move/change, or how large an area does it affect?
- what kind of detection? presence/absence? direction of flow? intensity or spot source?
- what equipment is available today, and who has access to it? How much does it cost and what is its sensitivity/latency? How much does it weigh and how does it work (air grab sample, continuous flow, soil sample?)
- who are the potential users? What should the output data look like? Graphs, logs, lights, images?
- what are the data’s uses/outcomes? Legal? Avoidance? Remediation? Regulation?