Jeff: I'm using this page to jot down some ideas for a proposal on an expanded role for the "team" email list
Team is currently a group of people who "keep PLOTS going" - both staff and volunteer. This page explores the idea of renaming the group "core" and expanding it's role in leading the PLOTS community in a more participatory and representative way.
- Rename "team" to "core"?
- back it with a google group for moderation etc.
- (export/backup google groups)
- Post an open invitation to the "core" list
- vote required to join?
- requirements? have organized an event?
- Core gets voting power
- Core can join working groups?
- some working groups are nonprofit-only, like retail?
- clear delineation of responsibilities, decisionmaking
- Core is intended to outgrow staff but not to render it obsolete
- Concretize staff support responsibilities:
- production: retail, print publications
- infrastructure: archive, software & web hosting
- legal entity to negotiate with institutions
- umbrella to raise money for community works and paid positions
- beholden to community (mandate)?
- Convert one of the staff calls to an open call (friday)
- Change nonprofit titles from "Director of Research" to "Director of Research Coordination" or "Director of Research Practices" or something.
- Reduce private meetings and locked pages, including weekly staff call notes
- "how to start a chapter" page
- in general, "how to become an organizer of PLOTS community/events/projects" info
- more "how to organize X" pages like: