sourcing balloons, kites###
- maps by order, prints
t-shirts, jackets, etc. can we make something actually stylish? where would you wear a map?
stickers + T-shirts for sale
- mention in video kits are coming
1st week of december, spectrometer, balloon kits for sale.
T-shirts (grey map squares) - $7 printing, $7 shipping, contact Zoo City, get rolling
- Start working on balloon rising T-shirt along back-- shannon’s design.
- Stickers - $5, we get $1.50
Jeff taking lead with Spectrometer as our first case study with Parts & Crafts
- Spectrometry kits - coordinate with Parts and Crafts - $15+3.50 at cost - $35 total, we keep $16.50
- 100 spectrometers ~= $1500, we could try for $1000.
- Balloon kits, $63 each, last count - ready to go, just need to coordinate with Amplitude Fulfilment and Breadpig
Next GMF: Chandeleur Islands from May 9th with big slick: http://publiclaboratory.org/map/chandeleur-islands-louisiana/2010-5-9
capture membership, sell other stuff to them
- video: storyboard: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1MGP0bBiP5GPwG9PzzD9uwOIaf1D4JRtpSwg5Hhqp1ZU/edit?hl=en_US#slide=id.p
- overview map, ¾ view cartoon map, with where the trip went
- something like this: https://geoloqi.com/blog/2011/08/hyper-interactive-uses-geoloqi-for-iphone-to-track-balloon-flight-17-km-in-the-air/
- divide up grid, pass out google docs to contributors.
- How do we launch GM Forum all at once, with retail-- i.e. donation levels from GM Forum up to balloon and spectrometer kits.
Adam- don’t lose gifts that are donations to our organization that are tax-deductible, this is our big push and make it clear that we can receive donations.
Are people “backers” also members of PLOTS?
- reward can be “membership” -- find out legally what “membership” means
- “membership” vs. being part of the Plots community? - “member of the plots ….” - use Kickstarter’s “backers”, makes people seem like “investors” -- rather than charity-givers/donaters