Public Lab is an open community which collaboratively develops accessible, open source, Do-It-Yourself technologies for investigating local environmental health and justice issues.
The word "method" has different meanings in different spheres, at Public Lab we use it to mean any technique, approach, or set of techniques to achieve something. You can see a selection of them at the [Methods page](/methods), or post a new one using the instructions here:
<a class="btn btn-primary" href="/wiki/new?n=14552&title=Your method name here">Post a new method here</a>
## What goes into a method page
Briefly, a method page could contain:
* A one-line introduction to the method or set of methods
* Context and background on the method
* Questions and a prompt to add your own
* Activities to guide people to how to begin using or contributing to the project
A **much** more complete description of methods [can be found here](https://publiclab.org/notes/liz/12-07-2016/post-a-new-method-to-publiclab-org).
* https://publiclab.org/wiki/method-template - a full template of what could/should be on a method page. Use it with [this link](/wiki/new?n= 13732&title=Your method name here)
* https://publiclab.org/wiki/method-template-lite - a starting point to get your page up and started. Use it with [this link](/wiki/new?n=14552&title=Your method name here)