If you're interested in our ongoing effort to provide good documentation on our collaborative wor...
Public Lab is an open community which collaboratively develops accessible, open source, Do-It-Yourself technologies for investigating local environmental health and justice issues.
If you're interested in our ongoing effort to provide good documentation on our collaborative works, we'll be doing a website 'gardening' session on **Thursday December 22**, and coordinating in real-time in this public chatroom:
We'll need people who are interested in editing/proofreading pages, people who have worked on tools and can help write short tutorials or upload helpful imagery, etc.
Pitch in and help make our open source science documentation a bit more accessible!
If you're revising a tool or place page, take a look at these templates for what kind of information is relevant:
If you are part of a local PLOTS chapter, this is a good chance to get your pages up to date with the latest happenings!
* providing good background summaries for every tool
* offering contextual information for every place page (for local PLOTS chapters)
* making tool pages informative and helpful for newcomers who want to try making a tool
* offering places for people to start contributing to a project (a "where we need help" section for each project)
* generally illustrating the work we've all done to date in a coherent way
* move sub-tools into wiki pages, like stereo camera and telemetry kit
* provide consistent and thorough intro and "getting involved" and "getting started" info on each tool page, maybe each place page
* list who's "keeper" for each tool/place page?
* open hardware licensing for tools
* clean up pages - create a Tool page template -
* Context, need
* Concise desc. of tool
* Parts and price list
* Goals, next steps towards them
* create formating for pages--research notes and data analysis
* interlink related pages
* document collaborators
* ... add your own stuff here
###Checklist for tools and places###
Put your name by what you're working on, and/or delete it once it's done.
* Thermal photography
* Spectrometer (Jeff)
* Near-infrared camera
* Environmental estrogen testing
* <del>New York City X (liz)</del>
* Gulf Coast X
* Somerville (jeff)
* North Carolina X
* Texas X
* Santiago X
* Sumava X
* Butte X
* Portland X