Question: What should we look for when sourcing turbidity tubes?

stevie is asking a question about water-quality
Follow this topic

by stevie | March 13, 2018 15:39 | #15937

I'm interested in exploring turbidity tubes and other ways to monitor for turbidity. Does anyone have resources for this?


If you are looking for 1 cm x 1 cm cuvettes , they should be transparent on all four sides. This way, they can be used for both turbidimeters and the spectrometers. Then the question is what plastic (solvent resistance) the cuvettes are made of and cost.

I have seen weird setups for turbidimeters where round sample vials are used. The light is fed from the bottom and the turbidity is sampled from the side.

Are cuvettes standard for turbidity? We actually stock them in the Kits store, so that'd be convenient.

Is this a question? Click here to post it to the Questions page.

I've seen a bunch of different things used, but cuvette s are most common.

Neat do you know where I could find some methods to do this written out?

Is this a question? Click here to post it to the Questions page.

Google epa method 180.1 turbidity by nephlometry. It's dated augu

Reply to this comment...

Google " epa method 180.1 determination of turbidity... ". It's dated August of 1993. Should get you started.

Reply to this comment...

Here are neat instructions on constructing a turbidity tube by Elizabeth Myre & Ryan Shaw::

GLOBE also has a turbidity tube construction notes here:

I've also posted a new question here on the tube method verses other methods for observing turbidity.

Reply to this comment...

Log in to comment