Question: Testing Water For Specific Polluting Compounds

rajanzaveri is asking a question about spectrometry: Subscribe to answer questions on this topic

rajanzaveri asked on April 11, 2017 15:19
353 | 0 answers | shortlink

What I want to do or know

Hey everyone, I was hoping to ask those of you prototyping if there is any quick way to measure for any of the following compounds:

1-naphthol, naphthalene, Sevin, tarry residue, mercury, toxic organochlorines, volatile organochlorine compounds, chromium, copper, nickel, lead, hexachloroethane, hexachlorobutadiene, or the pesticide HCH.

Thank you in advance for your help!



spectrometer lead mercury tar chromium nickel copper vocs naphthol naphthalene sevin organochlorines volatile-organochlorine-compounds hexachloroethane hexachlorobutadiene hch

question:spectrometry question:general question:spectrometry-sampling question:water-sampling question:spectrometry-turbidity


islenos 10 months ago

Hi Rajan! I'd love to know if you were able to figure out how to measure these compounds using the spectrometer. We are looking to measure cadmium, lead, mercury, and chromium.

gretchengehrke 10 months ago

Hi @rajanzaveri, What sorts of concentrations and what media are you interested in measuring? Do you have more specific constraints for measurements, such as cost, access to a laboratory, etc?

Log in to comment

0 Answers

Sign up or Login to post an answer to this question.