This is the start of the coding period, good luck to all the participants.
So far with some difficulties! I have setup my local version of Mapknitter and have been looking into the codebase and tinkering with it trying to understand them. Mapknitter being 2.3.15 I've had to learn and unlearn many things, it would be awesome to use rails version 4 with so many advantages, but I understand migrating this would be a difficult task. I'm also curious as to if the plot-dev team considered migrating making it easier on the 'new world' developers.
Schedule for the coming week or two:
- Work on the implementation for drag and drop functionality probably using the Jquery-File-Upload plugin, can be decided on later.
- Implement feature to upload multiple images and list them off map and select them when required.
- Work on bootstrap to improve the general interface in mapknitter.
- Options for user to view sorted list of images from the particular region.
I've never worked with jquery-file upload before, i've heard its too heavy for simple tasks. I'm not sure of other options, will need some advise on this.
- Final date for college end is 22nd may, until then I cannot be really productive.
- My timezone is UTC +5:30 and usually prefer working in the evenings.
- As my work for this summer is not a lot, if completed early on I can find other problems for Mapknitter that I can work on.