What I want to do
Project Idea 1: Mapping the Garbage Dump, Garbage Burning in my Local Ward area where 40,000 to 80,000 people reside in. Project Idea 2: Sun Map to capture the rooftop open areas in each area and chart out the possibility of installing Solar panels as a Community level Renewable Energy Grid. Post mapping, Find dimensions and map weather patterns, the position of the sun in the sky at different times of the year, and shade from nearby obstructions like trees and tall buildings.
My attempt and results
[https://mapknitter.org/maps/airpollution] My first Try to use MapKnitter.
Questions and next steps
- How can I add a Marker on the Location (lat, long coordinates)? Right now I am could view the exact area of the place but I don't know where I am exactly.
- How it is feasible to add images in the form of a shape? (Arrow, Line or letters)
- How I can Embed Code?
- Can I import CSV files (Google My Maps, Open source maps) with pre-defined Lat Long areas?
- Is it good to stitch images captured from Good Camera or Phone Camera?
Why I'm interested
- Get to know how together Community can bring civic actions in their local area and hence changes in the Government amendments and policies.
- Building youngsters to have a sense of purpose and joy in problem-solving.
- Keeping agencies informed on the Problem for the Civic or Environmental Issues.