We did the first test in June and semi-followed this protocol: http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/shannon/6-22-2012/h2s-test-experimental-protocol-bayou-savage-la.
Some of the revisions for it can be found in the follow-up note that Scott wrote: http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/eustatic/6-23-2012/h2s-strip-placement-bayou-sauvage-nwr-orleans-parish-la.
Tomorrow, we're doing test #2, a couple of changes based on results and methods from last time include:
- All canisters at one level
- 8 poles- 2 canisters per pole about 1 foot above ground (2 canisters to check that results are the same per pole as they shouldn't differ)
- Each pole will also have a Draeger tube attached to it for calibration purposes (http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/sara/5-21-2012/excellent-geoscience-fieldtest-photostrip-h2s-detection)
- labeling with permanent marker and white out rather than stickers which fell off some last time
- Since we have a shortage of black negative canisters, some of the canisters are wrapped in black duct tape (email me if you want to donate canisters! Shannon@publiclaboratory.org)
These will be picked up Monday next week.