I'm sharing one of Eymund's oblique rigs, this one takes advantage of the unique shape of a 52 fl oz. "Bolthouse Farms bottle" to snugly grip a GoPro. It was made some years ago so the bottles might be different now.
- See how the upper back of this bottle shape really wants to become an oblique camera housing?
- put a bolt and nut through the attachment hole on the GoPro case, and through a piece of metal pipe strap (ideally reclaimed from the Gowanus watershed or your industrial watershed of choice)
- the metal pipe strap comes out through a slit cut in the plastic bottle
- Pick up some other discarded wires and twist-tie the pipe strap together on the back
- looking up through the bottom of the rig to see a hole drilled in a cap, and a string passing through
- the ends of a loop of string were poked through the hole in the bottle cap, then each end was poked back out through a hole (well, two holes, really) on opposite sides of the bottleneck. These ends were wrapped and tied.
- while holding the string the rig hangs at a nice stable oblique angle
- close up of the top of the shape of the bottle as it was cut to snug around the top of the GoPro case