I wanted to share a cool, free resource I came across the other day---online courses from Harvard University open to all!
Classes cover subject areas from data science and programming to art & design. They span from 15 minute webinars to 16 week long courses and are available at introductory up to advanced levels. Many are available now or open in the next month or two. Some courses also have an option to add a "Verified Certificate" for a fee, if you're interested.
Here are a few courses that caught my community scientist eye...
- Data Science: Visualization
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Data Science: Inference and Modeling
- Statistics and R
- Data Science: Productivity Tools (GitHub, git, Unix/Linux, and RStudio)
- Data Science: Wrangling (how to convert raw data into formats needed for analysis)
- Energy Within Environmental Constraints
- Introduction to Digital Humanities
- Backyard Meteorology: The Science of Weather
- Remote Work Revolution for Everyone
If you come across any other cool classes or sign up for one, let me know :)