Dear Friends and Supporters:
With a challenging economy and the impacts of the ongoing pandemic affecting everyday life, we’re grateful for your continued support and engagement with Public Lab.
Unfortunately, these are difficult times for all of us. Due to funding challenges, we have made the tough but necessary decision to scale back programming and take certain services offline. We are doing our best to sustain core programming and support for our community. And Public Lab needs your help.
Given the current situation, we’ve made important changes to our programs. These include:
- Reduced capacity for our team. We will engage less on new projects, and focus on sustaining our place-based fellowship, community science outreach, and environmental education programs.
- Virtual programming will change, including the hosting of Public Lab’s Open Call. The Tuesday Open Call will still occur on a weekly basis, hosted by program team leads each week. Changes to this schedule will be announced on publiclab.org.
- Reduced capacity at our Kits Store. Kits fulfillment and shipping will be a minimum of two to three weeks from order date, and certain kits will be pre-order only. Specific changes will be outlined in the store.
- Mapknitter.org and SpectralWorkbench.org will go offline August 15th. While we anticipate a functional return of these sites, we do not have an estimated date at this time.
- The November 2022 Barnraising will be rescheduled to Spring of 2023.
We are dedicated to serving this community, and hope to resume programming to its regular capacity over the next several months. If you’re able, please consider making a gift today to help sustain the Public Lab team, and ongoing community support and educational outreach.
Over the last 2+ years, we’ve been reminded of how interconnected we all are. Thank you for being part of our community. Without you, none of this is possible.
Be Safe and Well,
Jordan Macha Executive Director, Public Lab