The video below suggests that I had a plan for this new spectrometer, but that plan changed every day as the device came together in the last couple of weeks. Stuff I found in the garage and at the hardware store altered the design, and my observations on the SpectroBench 2000 completely changed the final dimensions and angles. The angles above could still change, but I'm not planning on changing the slit-to-grating distance.
Below is the first calibration spectrum of a compact fluorescent lamp. I think I can get a little bit more resolution out of it, mostly by narrowing the entrance slit. We will see.
Here are some links to parts:
Vacuum cleaner wand I am not sure the wand above is the same as the one I used.