Are you thinking about developing kits with Public Lab through our Community Kits initiative? This is a short overview of the steps that contributors and potential partners will go through in order to begin developing kits for sale through the store. This is a new initiative, so this list may be fine-tuned as we evolve (and it's likely that some items on this list may not weigh equally for every kind of kit, project or publication). A more comprehensive overview of these items can be seen here. Please post your questions, suggestions, thoughts below!
To be considered for listing, and before being listed in the Public Lab Store, the following standards must be met. The Open Hardware Community Manager, other Public Lab staff, and active members of the community are here to support you in the following:
- Your kit and method is open-source and available to all.
- Your kit is designed to be accessible.
- You support your kit by providing documentation, instructions, and activities on the PL website.
- You are actively engaged with PL users around Q/a, replications, etc
- You offer a transparent timeline for development
- Above information is made easily available on the Methods Template
Here are some projects preparing to join the Community Kits program:
|Coqui conductivity sensor||11 months ago by warren||57||3,151||22|
|SERC||almost 2 years ago by warren||24||356||2|
|Hydrogen Sulfide Copper Pipe Testing||almost 2 years ago by stevie||13||1,382||3|
|Basic Microscope Kit||about 2 years ago by asnow||25||1,243||4|
|Photometer Kit Breakdown||about 2 years ago by programmer1200||7||401||2|
|Mini Pearl Logger||about 2 years ago by cfastie||6||983||1|