AKL Mini-Maker workshops Terms 1 & 2:
- The kids build standard PL Coqui design https://publiclab.org/notes/ashkaya/09-17-2016/build-a-coqui-a-simple-water-conductivity-sensor
- Test it in various liquids.
- Discuss uses, Coqui limitations, water conductivity and variations due to temperature of liquid tested.
- Investigate various adaptations of the Coqui: A switch for measuring turbidity using photo-resistor+LED; conductivity probes; adding a temperature sensor (DHT-11).
- Investigate Coqui signal output, via Arduino, for activating a public installation of LED lights that can change colour and pulsate with variations in water conductivity.
- Investigate Coqui signal transmission to a webpage, for public viewing.