- Too much flooding when it rains in New Orleans.
- Storm drains get clogged easily
- Dirt and natural debris are the main clogging components for the drains
Research/Determine Rational/Existing Solutions:
- Storm drains
- Rain barrels
- Cleaning storm drains
- Use less water during storms
- If there are changes made to help the stormdrain not be clogged, like adding filters then the flooding in the streets will decrease.
- Our goal is to lower, if not remove, the rate at which the streets around Lusher flood.
- Our plan is to put a screen made up of small wires (either a mesh or chicken wire) on the front and side of it in a sort of soccer goal shape. To keep
- There's also some concern towards the soil itself, and maybe trying to find a way to either have it be less saturated so more water can seep through or some other alternative (currently being the storm drains.
- Our biggest concern is that it doesn't work
- Mesh type thing
- Nails, bots or something of the kind
- Drains with our solution applied.
- How much flooding there is when it rains.
- The drains that don't have our solution applied.
People in project:
Natalie, Ian, Wheeler, and Brandon.