Staff call notes 9 4 2012
- Goals - further outreach for spectrometer campaign, event organizing (as usual)
- Accomp - big party at pfizer, set up Pratt workshop for October 25-26
- Goals: Follow up w/ Knight and SciStarter on Spec, call w/ health insurance, 2013 budget/Knight reports/policy changes, LUMCON, H2S paper
- Accomplishments: Catch up from vacation emails, finish 4S paper, wrangling BOD members
- Goals: update MapKnitter website stuff, tutorials. Go through mapping content and make updates as well. Publish oustanding maps in the archive, anything else thats outstanding before I leave next week. Prep for workshop in LA on 23rd September.
- Goals: local mailing list, firm up Roanoke College balloon mapping talk dates, resolve lost package for Cindy R.
- Accomp: IR camera conversion of the AVL site camera, loaned to Diane Styers, talked with her about spectrometer integration into her Remote Sensing class, balloon mapping talks in two different classes at WCU - remote sensing and envi public policy
- rebuild page for grassroots mapping forum on our site, get up on Breadpig.
- get into retail report
- get out picavet kits.
- mini-maker faire stuff, spectrometers, etc.
- Goals -- spectrometer campaign!
- Non-profit status, Just wanted to ask about this.
- Isaac update - Shannon?
- Reimbursements (including - did Ed pay us for April’s EcoHack?)
- How was Greece?
- Please update: http://publiclaboratory.org/media
- EPA Education Grant -- timing of work
- Barnraising / staff dates -- http://doodle.com/c25dy8pfgdbxrrq6 Thursday Oct25 - * Monday 5 (Jeff / Adam dependent)
- liz in SF thursday night - tuesday noon (family stuff, but still i’ll be around) Manzina Madness
- Format: Title in bold - less than a sentence please - http://link-to-more-info...
- less than a sentence please
- Barn raising save the date
- Group photo from first (of several planned) lab warming parties in NYC: http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/liz/9-4-2012/nyc-lab-warming
- Oscar Brett’s report back from live streaming over the dance floor in the lower levels of the warehouse where NYC Public Lab is based: http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/oscar-brett/9-4-2012/live-pfizer-warehouse
- Grassroots Mapping workshop (Union Square October 2010) is featured on Parsons the New School for Design website: http://www.newschool.edu/parsons/urban-design-culture-place/; the Public Laboratory community is listed as a partner farther down on the page.
- NY-NJ-CT tri-state Open Science Challenge competition announced for citizen scientists and bioartists: http://challenge.assaydepot.com/tri-state-open-science-challenge/. Deadline Oct 19, 2012.
- Berkeley Kite Festival http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/gonzoearth/9-7-2012/berkeley-kite-festival
- Upcoming event at Berkeley: http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/liz/9-7-2012/urban-systems-symposium
Ein-Karem Jerusalem http://publiclaboratory.org/map/ein-karem-jerusalem-israel/2011-07-14 Yaffo23 Jerusalem http://publiclaboratory.org/map/yaffo23-jerusalem-israel/2012-07-22 Hello Pluto Goodbye Kitty this is an amazing art project and map!!! http://publiclaboratory.org/map/hello-pluto-goodbye-kitty-charlottesville-virginia/2012-06-29