Staff Call notes 7 22 2011
Liz, Shannon, Stewart, Jeff
- DVD cases for library archives
- Index of archive projects, metadata info
- ~7 pages NSF, aug 12 - full due December, very specific format, 5-year
- NASA: Aug 17th
- EDF - Aug 13th
- NEH - Sept 27
- JOAAP, end of July, rough draft. Final by end of Aug. (jeff: coming together, pitch in if you can)
- Antipode, Aug 15, abstract only (shannon)
- USaid grant submitted through CI on 7.21, will have a follow-up call regarding project with project participants
- Emailed Alice Gray about farm infrared mapping
- UNICEF - can they translate the guide into Portuguese? or provide money for someone in our community? also licenses (the translation would not be legal documents themselves). Creative Commons designs licenses with the international law in mind. WIPO. Have individual countries each ratified this license? Also has human readable copy of each license.
- ask Joe about budget, waiting until we have article submitted, allowing money for us to use as needed (if i get in-kind housing).
PLOTS: the organization
- policy review, job descriptions, funding proposals all due
- IRC back channel, can we start trying it out experimentally this next week?
- Campfire-free for 30 days, 100-year - we chose this for testing: http://publiclaboratory.org/chat
- Time accounting. Shannon has a daily/weekly form for us to try out: http://publiclaboratory.org/???
- website - add page for workflow for entire balloon mapping -> mapmill -> stitchign. “Getting Started” page for mapmill and knitter, and photoshop!
Recent & Upcoming events
- 30th-31st Gowanus mapping