Staff call notes 6 4 2012
Monday June 4, 2012
- VA project budget, kit hosting with RiverLink, that’s it.
- ongoing, no new goal announcements today
*Goals * tool page * print and automatic mail for $1.10 for GMF * retail shop friendly packaging * kite balloon write up * UAV ethics discussion for forum
- MapKnitter login semi-stable, needs testing -- please log in
- sysadmin next steps
- 56 spectrometer webcams ordered, 9 backorders, no refund offers accepted
- Fundraising: Finish and send off Claniel LOI, finish draft of Cedar Tree
- Publications: Finish 4S draft--research interview each of the founders?
- Outreach: prepare for trip to france, order kits for EJ league, make TF for NJ guy, RPI talk
- Research: schedule next TF workshop, H2S bag making/ordering/organizing OGAP Megan meeting, Sharon also expressed interest in following up
- Website: mock up tool page redesign, implement subscriptions changes?
- Admin: reimbursements
- email@example.com (thermal flashlight)
- Review with Paula Zevin EPA of both Public Lab applications to the recent Citizen Science RFP
- Summer Event Calendar.
- June 09 SurfRiders workshop in Jamaica Bay with Open Plans and Vizzuality. Kite Mapping.
- June 17 iLAB workshop (in house) -- Brooklyn
- June 19 EPA Citizen Science Workshop -- downtown NY
- June 20 EPA Citizen Science Workshop -- NJ SARA. --Liz and Sara talk today
- June 30 Kite Building (tyvek and bamboo) and Solar Balloon construction (painters plastic and carbon powder) Workshop -- Pfizer Building, Brooklyn
- July 01 Kite Building Workshop -- Pfizer Building, Brooklyn
- TBD - Map Knitter Workshop widely requested. Open Plans to host.
- New opportunities:
- NYC Dept. City Planning Erick Gregory (a classmate and a Kickstarter kit buyer) thinking about holding community workshop in Bronx related to the Sheridan Expressway removal/remediation.
- Cypress Hills planning getting started.
- getting more kite rigs from Charles Stewart, will be submitting reimbursements. $157 + manual order to the site (ask Mat). Also i want a flow form.
- Jeff just got a nice $40 9-foot delta: “Dazzle Delta” NICE!!!
- workspace: current orgs include Nijel (Lela/JD), OpenIR (Arlene/Ilias), “In Our Backyards” (Erin/Brandon), 596acres.org (Eric/Paula)
- Bone re-growth, raising white blood cell count, healing, applying bicycle brakes (ha thanks Adam)
- IEC fellowship app, arabella requests, 2 comp days (thur/fri), follow up with Houston, 2 grants, review Claneil letter for Sara, call H2s tomorrow, RPI on Thursday, SIP, transfering into quickbooks
- web team updates
- GMF estimates, automailing
- repackaging retail kit, for thinkgeek and others
- jeff is behind on this, sorry
- kite and balloon writeups
- UAV ethics follow up
- search bug in site?
- is place-specific calendar going yet? Prefix events with NYC in main events calendar.
- not much conversation yet, but here is the planning page: https://github.com/jywarren/plots/issues/110
- SciStarter tool listings -- trail back to getting involved on listserve and via research notes.
- I need to buy more cameras - which ones? A495 (reaching end of life)
- still available refurb or used for ~$50, but not in quantity
- digic 3? digic 4? S90.
- what kind of camera does he have? SD600, maybe something new also.
- … take conversation offline? http://publiclaboratory.org/wiki/camera-selection
- best price on flow forms?
- what size? see above note of $40 Dazzle Delta 9ft kite - Jeff
- Ask RJ to join to web working group? --Jeff
- Kite Machine people installed a microkite vending machine at Rockaway Beach (96th street).
- Bike Vending machine at base of Williamsburg Bridge is robust - could hold spectrometers?
- Format: Title in bold - less than a sentence please - http://link-to-more-info...
- less than a sentence please
- Collab w/ SciStarter
- Let people know about organizer list
- Claneil LOI (assuming finished)