Staff call notes 6 11 2012
Monday June 11, 2012
- communicate with Beverly Pierce about Shenendoah River mapping project,
- absent Just checking in--dashing between parts of this meeting-overall it is going well. Questions I need a bit of help with: review of PBS blog I wrote last week? I can finish it on wednesday but it would be great if someone else would take a look at what I’ve written--I shared it with Jeff and Shannon but could share with anyone else interested in reading it. Sara- I’ll look at it today (shan) status of Claneil LOI
- plan EPA Citizen Science workshop June 19-20. Sara outreach request for helium FTW--Liz they are picking up helium for us, they will get back this week to confirm.
- Get a talk together for an EPA thingy. No group member wanted to come.
- Plan for solar balloon and kite building workshop - leads on custom bamboo spars, iron pigment. CALL JOSH about bamboo company?
- distribute the new kites and reel NYC got.
- get NYC summer calendar dates on Newsletter
- pfizer - still can’t afford workspace, thinking about setting up larger co-working business.
- EPA - air column monitor -- read Joe’s email
- Badges -
- Fellowship application Envir. @ Layola
- Quickbooks setup
- Working on Wetland Watcher and Big Branch Maps and getting back to Alex Kolker
- Just sent in a disk with occupy maps to Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
- Who is mapping the Governors ball at the end of the month? unknown. but would be a high-value opportunity to get visibility.
- Shantikites Checked in to see how we are doing
- IE8 compatibility MapKnitter feature request - government entities can’t use it. TryIE10? be specific about what bugs are?
- Leif and Xiao Wei flew kites and cameras on beijing, I’ve been encouraging them to make a research note, but it’s been a week already.
- Liz working half time for next few weeks due to Columbia.