Staff call notes 5 27 2011
Shannon, Stewart, Jeff, Adam, Liz
- announce SIP (now public)
- announce Ars Electronica (now public: http://new.aec.at/prix/en/gewinner/#digital-communities)
- Poster -- 5-7 days
- copyediting please! Liz. Going to press on Tuesday, probably. A day or two for proofs.
- est. completion 6th of June
- print files in Dropbox: plots/poster/print/semifinal-reverse.pdf
- distribution of posters -- mostly Shannon, but at least 50 for each PLOTS member. Bookstores, libraries, etc.- develop a formal plan with this- Liz?
- http://publiclaboratory.org/map/western-carolina-university-cullowhee-north-carolina/2010-10-1 different fonts showing for field notes, change order to cartographer’s notes last. DONE!
Field work this week
- Jeff will try http://publiclaboratory.org/passenger-pigeon/ on flight into NYC on June 4th, arriving for Personal Democracy Forum
- Horeshoe crabs? i’ll respond and CC plots staff, jeff
- Barn crew Shannon/Adam/Liz/Sara
PLOTS: the organization
- locations - spawning co-working spaces like p.irateship.com, $250/month for 5 spaces in various cities?
- university partnerships - turning open source into an asset. new model of collaboration. shared ownership is core. “open source structure of participation” in class description.
Recent & Upcoming events
- Gulf Coast blog posts today - Shannon
- blog post by Liz’s student - Washington Square Park map - for posting Friday May 3rd
- new publiclaboratory.org/events page
- reach out to mappers soon to solicit more metadata in the archive
Next meeting at 10:00 Eastern on Tuesday 31th of May