Staff call notes 4 26 2012
- Organizers list
- Staff task list
- pathway from mapknitter to archive - ‘map outreach team’
- H2S-making sending kits-planning experiments
- Livestreaming May Day (support)
- Planning AS220 Thermal Flashlight-send to team
- Move forward on Tool Planning (like to diagram this?)
- digitize/refine tool timeline chart (christmas tree diagram from staff summit)-matt
- Figuring out cross tool issues/working group e.g. calibration
- Report on Partnerships
- New York City workspace.
- starting iLAB fellowship meetings (morning and afternoon Thursday 26) #collaborations
- finish up with website tasks?
- fill out notes on partnerships
- retail/marketing meeting soonish?- also think about Nexus and
- Find a different insurer- MA based
- NYC is investigating shared workspace, please get in touch if you are interested in renting with the group
- iLAB fellowship of dance+ecology is kicking off this week. Please get in touch if you are interested in exploring choreography as part of flying aerial research equipment or other embodied research approaches. (Liz make research note)
- three-fold balloon aerial research workshop held on lower manhattan rooftop: hosted by Open Plans on their roof terrace, a camera with intervalometer, an air quality sensor pack from #sensemakers collaboration, and a 4G phone streaming video to UStream were each hoisted from the 13th floor and controlled with two tethers. (Liz make note, potentially mention that it will be used at May Day) http://publiclaboratory.org/wiki/balloon-live-stream-may-day-nyc
- iSPY with fluxfactory.org > live aerial video streaming in Central Park this Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 at Tavern on the Green, Central Park, Manahttan, 6pm-7pm.
- PLOTS map Archive goes over 100 http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/gonzoearth/4-25-2012/100-maps
- New mailing list overview page: http://publiclaboratory.org/wiki/mailing-lists (plots-nyc?), interest in spanish-language list?
- Kickstarter IR cameras shipped; documentation project ongoing - collaboration: Chris Fastie, Jeff W - http://publiclaboratory.org/wiki/ndvi-plots-ir-camera-kit, http://publiclaboratory.org/wiki/dual-camera-kit-guide
Community portrait: https://github.com/jywarren/plots/issues/151 (where does this go? Community input? team list first?) yes...
- education working group-- research note call to larger community (adam is leading this group?) (shan will post this)
- Tool develop working group would be awesome
- call between Sara and Shannon
- Memo on effective communication from Liz