Staff call notes 3 19 2012
Monday March 19, 2012
- collaborations: air quality sensing on balloon tether
- Water Canary meeting:
- Are they going through with open hardware licensing? Have they published any designs yet?
- details on how they’re doing spectral analysis, even off the record?
- are they patenting anything? If so, maybe we don’t want to hear anything about their technology
Recent & Upcoming events
- NYC water hackathon this weekend
- http://atlas-scientific.com/product_pages/kits/sds-kit.html-DIY kit for water quality liz wondering about getting kit to calibrate against?
- approach North Brooklyn Boat club about going in on equipment, confirming Ignite presentation wednesday deadline for slides
- DIY spectrometer--possible to look at luminometer--friday sensitivity
- iLand-Union Square and Washington Park. Research questions joining dance and balloon mapping. Eymund Oscar Jen Hundon organizing.
- upcoming events: http://www.gsd.harvard.edu/#/events/landscape-infrastructure.html
- NYC March Mapping Madness http://doodle.com/eqb9edxy8ixnea6w
- Ars Electronica submitted
- SIP report due end of month? Draft due April 1
- and a paper? links to lengths etc, and Jeff can start a doc today
- fundraising: EPA Citizen Science i've been approached by both Ned Horning (AMNH)-remote sensing online-and Darlene from science cheerleaders. Full disclosure: TreeKIT also going for this grant. Arlene-Jeff Boston-open source project Google Infrared imagery. Key to interpret imagery be on Public Lab site.
- Azavea Summer of Maps, responded, more returns later
- [from last staff call] Forum? Stewart co-ordinate
- interviews-shannon--Gulf Restoration Networks
- tool features-Jeff illustrate IR?
- maps-stew--chandeleur-islands--show bird count and species identification?
- about the mappers-profile of chandeleur-islands Follow up on fishery?
- community researcher writing piece
- notes? letters to the editor..Yaro letter to editor?.
- thermal flashlight tool feature from Sara, RISD group
- Shannon lead on interviews section
- printing from archive - proper projection, white background, announcements
- Open source geiger counter - stew should/could we add this to public lab?
- How do we make our site more able accessible to people starting new research and development tools.
- For staff meeting?
- Ideas? ask general list? come up with review structure? come up with sets of values tech should meet? Sort pages by popularity current system?
- Summer of Code follow up? Worth contacting the people who approached us? Students from Chris Walley class.
- remove from public email lists?
- MMM DC getting organized. Jeff and Stew to discuss virtual meet ups.