Staff call notes 3-12-2012
Monday March 12, 2012
- Movement--architecture department University Austin Texas looking at movement around campus--research questions for iLand-linking up movement-mapping. Shan writing back to iLAND symposium. Oscar would like this. Update GCal.
- Sara and Shannon chatting with H2S people in Texas tonight
- NYC exploring other EHTP options since Carlos is stepping down as Director. A couple I’m speaking with tomorrow night: Harlo is from East Harlem, and Noah is interested in making a scanning thermal camera.
- London collaboration on Thermal Flashlight going ahead
Recent & Upcoming events
- Peru workshop TODAY 1pm-2pm. Stewart? if not, Liz.
- Stu; met with Gregor MacLennan of Amazon Watch
- 4S? abstract
- AAA? Organize panel
- RPI conference - $800 buget for travel, $250 shannon, sara gas money, Mat $400-$500
- EPA - June 19 (NY), 20 (NJ edison). Aerial mapping of interest, but more interested in air/water quality, also interested in air and water quality.
- successful crisis mapping meetup last Thursday March 8. hoping to hold Open Street Map event with the new tutorial Jeff made: http://publiclaboratory.org/wiki/editing-openstreetmap-balloon-maps
- MMM--DC-Casey Trees, Development Seed guys? John
- March Mapping Madness NYC - lots of venues offered, need to lock down how many dates.
- Sara talking to Phil Brown’s research group on EJ on wednesday at Brown.
- Stewart: posting instructions.
- EPA Citizen Science grant.
- Schedule follow up call--Tuesday? 20th
- Thermal Flashlight documentation. Mathew has feedback about removing incorrect documentation.
standard circuit diagram
citation to datasheet
- Community Outreach: (NYC - Noah, Harlo, Kyle, Leif, Eymund, ) (Boston/Providence - Parts and Crafts, TAC)
- Call on Tuesday night 13 on thermal imaging for EHTP with Harlo and Noah.
- Water Hackathon: http://publiclaboratory.org/wiki/water-hackathon
- Sara to work on timeline for thermal flashlight, fix online documentation, discussion of generating different development threads--one for electronics, one for arduino. Set up workshop with thermal imaging experts and community Boston/Providence brainstorm technical fixes, setting temperature range, displaying temperature etc. Discussion of what can we usefully do with these images?
- Stu, posting revised MapKnitter instructions/guide today
- shared brainstorm doc for self-eval https://docs.google.com/document/d/167sfiGMKsuGVInqqPHnoMR5KsTWyzttTKHale_i8zf4/edit
- Our year in review?
- professional facilitator for a day during staff meeting? Brainstorming Goals Objectives Planning out staff time. $1000? for pre-setup, and be with us for a day. Shannon ask Knight Foundation to assist?