Staff call notes 11 19 12
- Goals: Insurance packet review, CPA review, evals completed, post note on Bienvenue, meetings, dev. mgr. hire, TAC/mt. justice/coal meetings, Kickstarter surveys, begin January meeting planning, OpenDisrupt, budgets, staff meeting wrap up, grant help?
- Accomplishments: HHS and WWF meetings since last staff meeting, reimbursements, timesheets
- Goals: Wired UK Howto article for Feb, Uganda Unicef mapping, finish with Alex K. telcon presentation with Shannon, Map archive updating, MJ telcon
- Goals: EPA grant work - options for Region IV (NC, SC, KY, TN, GA, FL, MS, AL), trying to make some progress with NSTA
accomplishments: tweaked jeff’s spectrometer design to fit on less paper/ use bulk mail rates. Got the cost down low enough to include more printed instructions, a DVD shard, and a pre-cut spectrometer. now it’s ready to assemble with glue or tape (no cutting) right out of the envelope. got reimbursements in. notes up from barnraising.
Goals: continued production work on spectrometer, new instructions page, dvd cutting, envelopes printing GMF work, more notes organizing.
- Tidmarsh farms meetup - working with Jen Hudon to build long-term cooperation locally
- mapknitter meetup
- desktop spec kit finalizing, send insert & stickers to printing, get conduit boxes and webcams shipped
- organizing and schedule final assembly
- tues night spectrometry mini-hackathon
- time off starting tomorrow
- Goals -choosing which region to apply for the $216,000 EPA grant (one grant awarded per region) -- can we have a choice by Thanksgiving? - here is the map of the regions: http://www.epa.gov/oust/regions/regmap.htm https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WV61hhsd1XledT-4Pyi-pnnIqUiCU7xxgS78DkVLd94/edit
- Review PBS email Shannon sent last week?
- Settle on January meeting- split time
- Go over HR package
- Where are we at with grants that are due soon? EPA - 12 DEC (Liz and Adam) Wells Fargo Dec 3 (Stu) NSF - January (Shannon and Liz) EPA EJ - January (Shannon) - might not be eligible
- Marley from MJ, telcon tomorrow: Any solid topics we should pull out? review of what we’ve done, what they are interested in doing, how we might help that, potential of barn raising
- are we doing a membership drive? Working on GMF-- we have no subscribers. (45 subscribers)
- oregon wc (jeff) (they called me last week-- they were mailing to a PO box in cambridge-- I didn’t understand why they had two addresses -mathew)