Staff call notes 11 12 12
Monday, November 12, 2012
- Accomp -- EcoHack3 (microbe research note, video of home made cotton candy to catch microbes), supporting several independent mapper groups, some reimbursements.
- Goals -- EPA grant, organizing loaner equipment, getting organized for helping with admin, help interviewing.
- Goals: Website survey finished, PBS post, 990 and CPA review finished, Dev. Mgr. interviews, barn raising eval, BYOD, WWF thing, TAC tool eval, reimbursements, prep for OD talk
- Accomplishments: Almost done w/ web survey, CPA review, review of Dev. Mgr. positions
Goals: hiring process https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlY4Tg28DhosdEtJM3hIb0d5OTBmWDcxZnFHT2ZjQUE#gid=0 help, figure out retail spectrometer sourcing with Jeff, Alex K collaboration, Map updates... Accomp. Helped Chris C. get his Uganda mapping underway
*Accomp: recovered from travel & sickness... nothing else. * Goals: Spectrometer laser cut issues, gomberg kites supplier contract, other retail stuff, Grassroots mapping forum notes collection, logging my hours, reimbursements.
- who will do newsletter this week? Liz?
- what if there was a dedicated mailing list just for the newsletter? start this discussion in web group.
- Liz -- google docs organization -- who has a good system that i can copy? search function is preferable.
- who is shared on dropbox? can we unshare people and start organizing this? How do people use dropbox to accept photos from community members?
- admin docs, not many in dropbox? because inappropriate to have personal info online, shan has locally. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/997cqrz2s4y1tkg/rkWbjwvNed
- issue with sharing passwords on different services -- no other good options.
- to help with admin, focus on fundraising (grant research and delivery) and membership. Continuing even once we hire a full time person. We can each take a specific role on grant writing, almost metaphorically rolling through timezones (start on east, proofread on west coast).
- Organizers call at 12:20 this week, Stewart moderating.
http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/gonzoearth/11-14-2012/article-bay-area-automated-mapping-association-public-laboratory-map-too *http://www.publiclaboratory.org/notes/prattgi/11-15-2012/diy-aerial-imaging-map-knitting-workshop-pratt-institute * http://uclexcites.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/strengthening-community-plots-barn-raising-2012/ * http://wyolum.com/wyolum-innovation-grant-2012/ * http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/kosamari/11-14-2012/diy-cotton-candy-maker-0 * http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/kosamari/11-14-2012/spectrometer-cellphone-box * http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/5980/p/salsa/web/common/public/content?content_item_KEY=9648 * Boston mapping on the 17th * Bayou Bienvenue meeting on the 27th * Openly Disruptive