Staff call notes 10 4 2012
Finalizing Retail Report (July 2011 - June 20 2012)
- Need: 1) Total profit margin from Breadpig reports (from last 4 months to bring it up to date); 2)
- Sales sums (sheet #3): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlY4Tg28DhosdHdUS3lpN1Njdzh1QW81M1lqNWplY3c#gid=4 is updated thru June 20, need through
- Total FY2011-12 - Balloon kits sold: 175 earned: $15,945.00
Finalizing Web Report -- DONE
Staff meeting and barn raising
- share-- how to leverage volunteers locally and at a distance
- ethics of participation
- designing workshop documents for distant and local participation
- community involvement and design
- Barnraising e-mail list-- take over 2011 barnraising group
Mat’s ideas for retail
- Kickstarters are hard to manage, so let’s do an independant push via store for holiday. Look at making a retail store on a breakout page that is slightly separated by Breadpig. Perhaps work with different fulfillment company, especially T-Shirts. *Grassroots Mapping Forum Subscriptions-- 250 members in order to do bulk mailing. Issue with Amplifier, 1000 makes it sustainable. fulfillment -- their link to subscribe wasn’t working for weeks.
- organizers issue:
- ideas: can we get CIEL to talk about legal outcomes?
- contact organizers...
Thermal Flashlight potential Kickstarter (generally Kickstarters help us make 1/3rd “public support”, but how not to burn out kickstarter as a platform....)
- seasonally appropriate
- grow the community
- get us to solidify a kit
- Balloon and kite kits v. 2.0 + Oil Spill Response kit