Staff call notes 1 27 12
Friday, January 27, 2012
- Olin College update - Jean Huang - working with extremophiles and yeast
- Alex Kolker - lit review, test for false positives in the environment using paper
- Gulf Coast Restoration Network - End of Feb, 2 day balloon mapping training led by Shannon and maybe Adam
Recent & Upcoming events
- Revisit staff meeting dates- need WhereCamp date, other schedules posted on calendar
- TAC meeting boston March 3rd can anyone go?- Jeff yes
- Thermals Flashlight workshops Providence and London
- London Mapping Meet up?
- Springfield MA TAC Balloon flight?
- Oakland, LA meet ups
- Asheville - Warren Wilson College 9 FEB 2012 - Balloon Mapping
- Webster, NC - Cherokee Fish Weirs with Watershed Association of the Tuckaseegee River - Balloon Mapping - high school kids too
- Sprout - Spaghetti Dinner Thermal Photography January 30th/31st
- Kickstarter: last three days push- wait till April for next one
- Breadpig: storefront next week
- Submitted EPA Urban Waters grant for $60k
- Working on EPA EJ grant and 2 NSF grants for next week
- When can we have extended fundraising conversation? --Next Wednesday?
- tool talk times on Friday- run a call in- do split up calls- different time of day
- github for open hardware
- need to do better bug tracking on the tools- consolidating documentation
- joint staff/research community lead on each tool
- Google Public Domain license up and running- doing blog
- Liz, Sara, Shannon going to do thermal flashlight guide/video
- archive for interview audio? Shannon, Jeff, Matt? All have audio- web server/downloads folder- Jeff doing more at Gowanus- voice recorder- doesn’t have vr anymore
- Health care: Jeff did you get the health care package? Sara will put together primer on how we each get started--cards for everyone, finding doctors etc...
- Workers comp!
- New Scientist-Thermal Flashlight-want to do a video
- When are we doing tool meetings? Next Friday during staff call
- Opening money Market- everyone said yes
- Filmmakers for doing challenge- three have said yes, others?
Field work this week
- Sara-would like to figure out follow up interview process for GRM--sounds like Jeff, Mat and Shannon have already done some interview--can we archive them somewhere?