Public Lab Careers
No open roles at this time.
- Frontline Community Organizing Fellowships - Remote with Public Lab, local to your community. (This is an open rolling application. The next review cycle will begin September, 2022)
Our nonprofit team is made up of activists, organizers, scientists, makers, DIYers, curious people, and assorted hybrids of all of the above, just like the Public Lab community.
The Public Lab nonprofit values guide our iteration on the collaborative practices we model in the community and as a staff.
Public Lab is committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment and we strive for our employees to reflect the lived experiences and diversity of our global community. We encourage people with different ability sets, socioeconomic backgrounds, people of color, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities to apply to open roles in our nonprofit.
We have a co-working space in New Orleans, LA where our Kits Store is headquartered. Most of our team members work remotely across the United States.
Public Lab has consistently supported a robust remote work culture. We are committed to keeping our team healthy and safe, and ensure that everyone has the tools they need to successfully work remotely.
Public Lab offers a benefits package that includes:
- Three weeks (15 days) starting vacation time;
- 12 personal days;
- 13 federal holidays observed, with a bonus week during the winter holidays, 2 floating holidays, and the option to "exchange" holidays;
- We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance plans as well as an FSA. The base insurance plan offerings provide 100% coverage of premiums for you;
- 401(k) account and employer Safe Harbor Non-Elective Contributions to your retirement;
- A six-week sabbatical after five years of employment.