Mon April 18 2011 Agenda
Notes on the actual meeting can be found here
- what broke down in our consensus process
- proposals for a revised decision-making process
- discussion of what sorts of decisions must have full consensus
- how we define and determine consensus
- personal/rapport/empathy issues
- civility, respect
- deep breaths
- solutions going forward
- rotating facilitator, monthly?
- an actual internal budget
- consensus on FT/PT -- in the absence of having made that decision before
- who wants what, who can do what?
- who would take a FT position if it were available?
- separate: willingness, ability, preference, insistence to work PT or FT
- what, organizationally, should be the review/prerequisite process for accepting a FT "applicant"? a plan of work? Stewart & Shannon did one; we could base on that.
- How we value different types of work
- How we prioritize types of work
General organizational decision making
- rotating topic-based decision making teams to reduce burden
- few teams with broad categories, like: Publishing, Data Outreach, Kits, Tool Research, Evaluation, Communities
- each time has 3 members, each staff member has 2-3 team memberships?
- switch around every 3 months?
8:30 eastern, 7:30c/5:30p