The logbook is an idea for a Lulu.com printed book to bring on field mapping missions for balloon mapping
The questionnaire will also be available in an online form.
- outline of whole process: illustrated
- outcomes and uses of data
Illustrated Guide; "Getting Started"
- Materials checklist (basic and advanced)
- discussion of kit materials, from http://publiclaboratory.org/wiki/balloon-mapping-materials (says check online for updated version)
- the illustrated guide
Trip Log entries
- on the first page of each log entry, a link to a "prep" page where we can help people print a google map for reference, check the weather, make sure you've charged batteries, an equipment checklist, etc.
- a note-taking section for each flight with prompts based on http://grassrootsmapping.org/upload
- "When you're done" - what to do once you have the images
- reference "Producing maps"
- how to upload to MapMill, how to submit to the PLOTS archive
- the questionnaire, maybe part of our evaluation strategy
- What's out there: free and paid sources
Producing a map
- Georeferencing and exporting standard formats
- Printing - labels, etc.
- extra surveys in the back if more than one person per trip wishes to complete it
- Ballooning regulations
- Photographers rights