Public Lab Wiki documentation

Local reporting on frac sand mining issues

1 | 2 | | #19662

« Back to Frac Sand

This page is intended to help you think about what can be explored for local reporting on frac sand mining concerns in your area. Towns, villages, cities, and counties can have specific rules around frac sand mining that can be reported.

Some things you can look for that can indicate an opportunity for local reporting include: Licensing ordinances or conditional use permits (CUP). These can include limitations around Hours of Operation, Use of Town Roads, Control of Light and Noise, Control of Air Pollution, Control of Waste Materials, Standards Regarding Groundwater and Surface Water (impacts to groundwater quality and quantity), Hazardous Materials, etc.

Below is a chart to help you explore these issues: