Name: Obayagbona Uwagbae Alexander.
Optimizing Performance and Accessibility of Public Lab Content.
Optimizing public lab content for better accessibility to all users and better performance to make for a better, richer user experience.
Proposed Timeline in Weeks for Project Execution
- Week 1: Determining an accessibility standard to adhere to(keyboard navigation, semantic html and text resizability are what I'd prefer to work on personally).
- Week 2: Understanding the PublicLab ecosystem and determining the content that would need to be optimised for accessibility, i.e, the scope of the project.
- Weeks 3, 4 & 5: Determining the approach to be used and starting work on the project.
- Week 6: Coming up with automated tests to check optimised content.
- Week 7: Wrapping up work on accessibility standard(s) chosen.
Working on an accessibility guide to be adhered to going forward.
- Week 8: Choosing a performance task to work on with mentor(I would like to work on both accessibility and performance).
- Week 9: Understanding the scope of work to be done and choosing approach to be taken.
- Weeks 10, 11 & 12: Working on the performance optimisation(s) chosen.
- Week 13: Testing and rounding up work.