My attempt and results
This is my week one update. Been a good start and I am appreciating the learning curve already.
I have successfully cloned the Sky Cam project to my local workstation and further pushed it up to GitHub but not without a few hitches! I have learnt, through this task, the importance of code collaboration. I have also been looking at the code-base. Getting the flow of the project was not as hard as I expected, thanks to the clean code by the initial contributor, I take this up, and strive to have as clean code () once the summer is over.
SkyCam currently runs on Android Version 3.0 (API Level 11), it would be great to lower this target slightly to target more handsets, but at the same time, also weigh between leveraging Android features available on higher Android Versions and targeting a larger audience; this is what I am currently looking at.
Schedule for the next 3 weeks
- Week 2 26th -31st May -- Create & design a remote data store and share key with mentors
- Week 3 2nd - 7th June -- Re-factor project to target Android devices from API level 8 - (currently targets from API 11 and above)
- Week 4 9th - 14th June -- Create home-page/landing-page before loading the camera
Questions and next steps
- I have Semester end exam from this week; ending 6th; might be slightly slow in my work-plan, but will work on catching up.
- I am planning on working on a main them for Sky Cam (main color), any preference/suggestions before-hand?