About a month ago, I moved into an apartment, where was built around 90 years ago.
The kitchen was renovated, so I can manage to cook and bake dishes.
The problem was bad smells from the dishwasher.
I and my wife was thinking that the smells came from new kitchen furniture and appliances.
Day by day, the smells was getting stronger. So we didn't ignore the smells any more.
I decided to make a simple sensor for gas leak.
Preheating for two hours. It was not enough, but I could get a little bit stablized output, the number is from 320 to 220.
The LED is for checking the power.
1. The bed room
At first, I checked the air in the bedroom.
The Sensor indicated about 320. I also couldn't recognize any kind of gas smells.
2. The living room
The living room is the important space where my kid usually plays.
Fortuntately, the number was not changing significantly.
3. The Kitchen
In this area, I could percieve some gas smells, sometimes, I got headaches.
Especially, I could smell a lot of gases from this gap.
Oh, my God! The numbers dramatically went up. And then, we asked the apartment manager to check the gas leak.
When specialists for gas leak came here, there were no smells any more. :(
However, I showed the sensor, and explained the situation. They changed old pipes into new ones.
Now there're no gas leaks and headaches.
P.S. I took take a test by using two MQ-135. But the same sensors generated different numbers. The gap between two sensors is about 100.
So I decided to use only one sensor in order to get more reliable results.