This week in the Public Lab community newsletter, join us tomorrow for an OpenHour on lending libraries, become a beta tester of MapKnitter 2 and pitch in on a conversation about dealing with patents. Enjoy!
OpenHour is tomorrow, February 2nd at 1:00pm EST on the OpenHour page. Join us for a discussion on Lending Libraries and how they can help support environmental exploration!
Mapping Training: Saturday February 21st, 11:00-4:30pm in New Orleans at the Rosa F. Keller Library 4300 South Broad Street. Want to learn how to do DIY aerial photography? Build maps with your own photos? Work with the Infragram for near-infrared photography? Join Public Lab for this free workshop!
New and ongoing projects
MapKnitter 2 is in alpha testing by the Public Lab Developers group; learn more by joining the mailing list at http://publiclab.org/wiki/developers and get an early look at the completely revamped MapKnitter. Contributors and beta testers sought!
Research Note on the New Orleans water meet up: http://publiclab.org/notes/stevie/01-27-2015/january-water-quality-meet-up-report
Research Note highlights
- Working with the spec 3.0! (posted by stevie)
- Dealing with patents: Black and Decker and the thermal flashlight (posted by mathew)
- Samsung PL57 conversion (posted by whizzman)
- Any ideas on identifying plastic types? (posted by airs222)
Wiki Edit highlights
- Contributing to Public Lab Software (by justinmanley)
- Mapknitter 2 (by warren)
- Tool Development (by mathew)
- Five Borough Farm (by liz)
If anything was missed, please post a note or send a message to the list. Have a great week everyone! Shannon
P.S. Remember -- you can subscribe to this newsletter or follow via RSS.