Public Lab Research note


Some simple additions for the new spectroscope camera

by Ligon | | 1,903 views | 2 comments |

Read more: publiclab.org/n/9736


I had a bit of a problem with keeping the new camera in place, so I placed several pieces of thin (1/4 inch) styrofoam on each side of the wooden support block and shimmed it with cardboard to keep the block in place. I also added a tripod screw attachment by placing two appropriate nuts (1/4 inch), one on top of the other just in front of the hole where the cable comes out. I at first planned to use epoxy, but I found that Superglue seems to be adequate and sets much faster. The tripod attachment makes life much easier. I will add photos if anyone is interested.


2 Comments

I'd love to see some photos!

Reply to this comment...



Login to comment.

Public Lab is open for anyone and will always be free. By signing up you'll join a diverse group of community researchers and tap into a lot of grassroots expertise.

Sign up