Staff call notes 8 27 2012
- Kickstarter outreach, spectral workbench work, annual reports
- Goals - support Oscar for Pfizer party installation (ordering lab coats); co-host OpenStreetMap meetup tonight; iLAB planning for last event in September; meeting about workshop at Pratt mid-fall; get invoice into NY-NJ Riverkeeper.
- Accomp - (since Thursday? didn’t do PLOTS work besides tweeting and other communications ;( )
- Workshop later September Paula Levine Professor, Art (Conceptual Information Arts) http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~infoarts
- maps submitting, measuring barataria regrowth sites
- Goals - Get the Asheville mailing list off the ground, find some helium (we have none)
- Accomp - retail package tracking, wiki update, integrating both balloon mapping and spectrometer into my syllabus. =)
- Goals: spreadsheet work for retail, assembly orders.
- related: OHAB
- Kickstarter search not optimized ? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/makerhaus/open-spectrometer?ref=live
- because of “spectrometer” vs “spectrometry” in title
- Facebook connect? https://www.facebook.com/PublicLab
- shannon’s account? Liz offers... dunno if you can undo connecting it...
- need individual account, doesn’t exist for PLOTS.
- it’s asking for hometown, interests... i think this is really supposed to be jeff’s account, so skipping
- Press release?
- write a draft, share?
- indoor floor plans of Pfizer in mapknitter, like Macy’s?
- Balloon mapping efforts to find a Revolutionary War era mass grave in the Gowanus subwatershed included in NYTimes article cc/ Eymund Diegel: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/nyregion/historian-points-to-gowanus-brooklyn-lot-as-grave-of-first-maryland-regiment.html?_r=3&pagewanted=all another interesting case of historical mapping-- strong use case Annotation/Overlay***
- kickstarter: http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/warren/8-27-2012/diy-spectrometer-kickstarter-launched
- Atlantic article http://www.theatlanticcities.com/technology/2012/08/future-aerial-mapmaking-cheap-helium-balloons/3108/
- last day to vote...
- Annotated maps layer dev: https://github.com/jywarren/plots/issues/131
- worthwhile to tag all historic maps with “historic” in MapKnitter and post a gallery of them?
- Flurry of indoor floor plans georeferenced on MapKnitter -- might signal interesting things to come!
http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/mapknitter/8-26-2012/mapknitter-adm0 http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/mapknitter/8-23-2012/mapknitter-hsc1 http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/mapknitter/8-24-2012/mapknitter-hsc2 http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/mapknitter/8-26-2012/mapknitter-hsc3 http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/mapknitter/8-22-2012/mapknitter-administration-test http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/mapknitter/8-22-2012/mapknitter-administration-test * Alex Barth’s how-to for getting permission to aerial map in Mexico City: https://gist.github.com/3442489