- Our first printed map
- Interview: # of words (500-700 or 1400/2000) -- jeff does typographic magic, shannon cuts or tries to
- June 3rd -ish launch date for online archive
- Jeff has to format the individual map pages with an embedded viewer, Cartographer and Mapper notes, etc.
- consider nice embedded map interface like this example: http://mapbox.com/#/tileset/natural-earth-2
- Stewart will begin inputting the maps collection into the system
accuracy statement? -- “what makes this map unique?”, “how does this compare to other maps?”, scale and precision, something about subjectivity...
Kickstarter for Grassroots Mapping “Oil Maps” exhibition, etc:
- Ask for 20k? 25?
- $300? some level where you get to host the exhibition in a space of your choosing. This must be worth the cost of shipping
- Shipping the prints: $? find out cost; estimate $50x # of locations?
- Printing with UV-resistant dyes on recyclable Tyvek: $1500
- Printing a couple print map editions: $2000
- Map archival preparation, publishing, server costs
- A book of essays and 12 maps in a printed collection, (printing as we go, later approaching a publisher)
- Digital copies in libraries
- a MapMill kiosk and/or a map viewing installation
- Jeff needs to announce P&C spectrometer on the mailing list - with link to purchase
- Dan Paluska -- infrared adapted cameras for his Kickstarter timelapse project at local organic farms in Somerville MA area -- public domain data, ~$200 for cameras (Jeff will fund, or we’ll look for a minifunder)
- agree upon and post the Creative Commons licenses for the site & materials
- Mikel’s questions about UNICEF & JA
- Jeff needs to call JA and clear things up, and make sure that this really is/would be a grassroots mapping balloon mapping project, and not an attempt to get us to do Map Kibera
- Shirley- waiting still, contacted her this week, been waiting 3 weeks, possible restructuring
PLOTS: the organization
- Mathew followup on decision making -- need to agree on a technology (selectricity or google docs, or what) and a set of thresholds for what levels of majority are needed for what types of decisions
- Adam and Jeff need to decide on and enforce a survey of the future deadline
- Conference at Harvard - Liz, Leif & Jeff: http://gis.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=k235&tabgroupid=icb.tabgroup110805
- 9am presentation by jeff, Saturday workshop by Liz, Leif
- Feb shannon/adam flight work this week
- getting prepared document (Plan your trip page), this week.
Next staff meeting at noon eastern on Friday, May 6th 2011