Staff call notes 2 10 12
Friday February 10, 2012
- WellWatch site with MIT Civic?
- how to combine funding? create a sysadmin position for both
- $75 per hour, 4h per week, 52 weeks = $15600
- next steps - Sara talk to Civic, open a vote for PLOTS to spend 5K on sysadmin position,
Recent & Upcoming events
- good interview with Economist (web, print), forthcoming pitch to NYTimes, Time Mag online video piece.
- open lab at Parts & Crafts Saturday
- white house event (BOOOOORING)
- dev seed meeting (mapbox account) - Tom McWright developing towards Clashifier (https://github.com/tmcw/classifiers)
- india mapping? late February.
- briefly (1 min) spoke with Gates Found. “media division”, showed them pat coyle’s 3d model and spectral workbench
- NSF grant green engineering -- added to list
- let’s schedule next fundraising meeting for organization-wide support. private foundations. (some chapter-based exceptions). Membership drive.
- kickstarter sorting of names, planning for meetups.
- stewart has been uploading lots of maps
- adding mapbox underlayer
- next steps on finding accountant -- shan on it.
- Google Summer of Code - DEADLINE TO APPLY TO BE MENTOR IN 2 WEEKS
- March 11th deadline for mentor organizations, then students apply to those on April 8
- next steps, read guidelines (email), look at accepted OSGEO projects for last year, crosspost to OSGEO list
- Project ideas: dedicated WellWatch OSGEO project: scraper for all states. ScraperWiki?
- Project ideas: H2S data processing into map?
finish HELL DAY to-do list - Jeff/Shan
- insurance people - Sara RI, Mat OR,
- NYC trying to get it together - so much awesomeness going on! does anyone have a good Site organization system with local work groups?
- team list? not yet
- updating wiki -- have new pages linked from NYC page
- description of roles for current community coordinators and for what positions need people to fill
- staff meeting schedule for Oakland - Shan starting, Stewart.
- Sara and Stew call with UCD today, PLOTS satellite program?
Field work this week
- possible Bronx River aerial image capture Sunday with Parsons grad arch student for Hyper3d testing like this http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/ncraig/11-3-2011/hypr3d-online-structure-motion
- thermal imagery filming in NYC today - Sa/Sh