Public Lab is an open community which collaboratively develops accessible, open source, Do-It-Yourself technologies for investigating local environmental health and justice issues.
Public Lab Jobs
## Work at Public Lab
#### Current Openings
No open roles at this time.
Check out [our most recent fellows and their amazing work](https://publiclab.org/wiki/fellows)!
- [Frontline Community Organizer Fellowships](https://publiclab.org/notes/amocorro/04-23-2021/seeking-community-organizers-to-lead-public-lab-s-fellowship-teams) - Remote.
#### Our Culture
[Our nonprofit team](https://publiclab.org/wiki/plots-staff) is made up of activists, organizers, scientists, makers, DIYers, curious people, and assorted hybrids of all of the above, just like the Public Lab community.
[The Public Lab nonprofit values](https://publiclab.org/wiki/public-lab-nonprofit-values) guide our iteration on the collaborative practices we model in the community and as a staff.
Public Lab is committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment and we strive for our employees to reflect the lived experiences and diversity of our global community. We encourage people with different ability sets, socioeconomic backgrounds, people of color, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities to apply to open roles in our nonprofit.
#### Our Workspaces
We have co-working spaces in New Orleans, LA, and Brooklyn, NY. We also have team members who work remotely across the United States.
**2020 Updates**: We’ve transitioned to having our full team working remotely at this time. During these unprecedented times and the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to keeping our team healthy, safe, and ensuring that everyone has the tools they need to continue working remotely.
For full-time positions, Public Lab offers a benefits package that includes:
- Three weeks starting vacation time, with a bonus week off during the winter holidays;
- 11 personal days;
- 12 federal holidays observed;
- We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance plans. The base plan offerings provide 100% coverage of premiums for you;
- 401(k) account;
- A six-week sabbatical after five years of employment.